Music is coming to you


1. General

The music is absolutely royalty-free. Our artists are not members of collecting societies (like GEMA, SUISA....) and the music is therefore not registered there. Our artists upload their music under a Creative Commons license. Songs published under the Creative Commons License are generally royalty-free or not registered with any rating society - forever. This can not be reversed by the artist.

So you don't have to pay a cent to collecting societies - and you shouldn't do that under any circumstances.

Due to the so-called "Gema presumption" (for example in germany), however, you are obliged to provide proof: With an extended license you receive a release document for each song, with which you can very easily prove that the music is gemafrei. The document contains the name and address of the artist, the name of the song and also the license conditions.

Yes, this website is legal. All the music was released as part of Creative Commons music, the musicians upload their own music.

Each artist uploads his music independently. Filmmusic is a public marketplace, each artist is responsible for his own music. In the "Artists" section you will find various contact possibilities for each artist.

We use Tunesat to scan the Internet as well as television channels. In addition, we use a newly developed technology based on an AI we train that automatically detects illegal uses of our music. If you have purchased an extended license, your customers will not receive a message.

Exact details about the technology used and how we find illegal uses are secret.

If you can't find a song anymore through the search, then it's not there anymore. Songs that can't be found using the search function can't be licensed either. is just a marketplace for artists who upload music on their own responsibility. Please contact the respective artist if you have questions about songs that are no longer available, we can't help you.

You can do this via google Adwords. It is possible to target selected websites as long as they are in Google's network (Display Network using AdSense).
You will need to use managed placements which lets you target specific sites and even down to individual pages in these sites.

You can read up on managed placements here.

Placement targeting tool could assist you further in helping whether the domain you want to target inside Google Display Network will accept Google ads or not and how much impressions you should expect out of that. Similarly additional info like what ad formats can also be analyzed using that tool.

Read more about the tool in this article.

We only accept new artists who have been recommended by our existing artists. We ask for your understanding. Here you can find the conditions.

2. Around your account

If you are unable to log in, this is usually because you have not confirmed your account. After registration you will find an e-mail with a link in your account. The account will only be activated after a click on the link in the email. You should also search for this email in your Spam folder.

If you can't find an email, you can use the function "Forgot password" to create a new password after clicking on the link in the confirmation email. If an account has not yet been activated, it will be activated automatically.

Other possibilities why you can't log in are:

- You have disabled cookies
- You are using a VPN (proxy service)
- You use Thor
- You have Javascript deactivated

Yes, it's easy and uncomplicated by clicking on "My Profile" on your dashboard, scrolling down and then clicking on "I want to delete my account". Then simply follow the instructions.

3. Usage of the music

Distribution on iTunes or Amazon violates the Creative Commons terms and conditions, as you can NOT link the license as required. Links on covers in music shops are generally forbidden and there are usually no descriptive texts which would allow an extensive naming of the author or authors. A so-called "Featuring" is basically not allowed, because it violates the CC license, quote: "This information may be given in any reasonable way, but not in a way that gives the impression that the licensor supports you or your use especially.". So the answer is no. An extended license is required for each song, which eliminates the need for a copyright notice.

Yes, the music is free, also for commercial purposes. On our platform you will only find music published under Creative Commons licenses that allow commercial use. The only condition for the use is that you name the author, the website and the license - more information can be found in each download window.
If you don't want to or can't name the author, you can buy a lifetime extended license for the song. In addition you often get more files and a download in Wave format.

Yes, on Filmmusic you will only find music that can also be used (free of charge) for commercial purposes. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you have to name the author as indicated in the download window.

Name the author. You can find more information in each download window.

All information about the respective license and a text for Copy&Paste can be found for each song in the download window. Example:

Music from
"Reborn" by Alexander Nakarada (
Licence: CC BY (

If you use two songs in your project, you have to do a copyright attribution twice, even if it is the same artist, here's an example:

Music from

"Reborn" by Alexander Nakarada (
Licence: CC BY (

"Dance" by Alexander Nakarada (
Licence: CC BY (

You can buy an extended license. More information can be found in the download window of each song.

The question can be answered very easily: Where everyone who consumes your project sees it.
More information:

Yes, the use is basically allowed for everyone, even for commercial purposes, if the author is mentioned. You can find more information about each song in the download window.

No, this is not permitted without the express permission of the respective author. Online shops do not allow the provision of licenses or Internet addresses, which are necessary to meet the requirements of the Creative Commons License. A publication would violate the terms of the license. The publication of Creative Commons music via the Youtube Content ID System is not permitted by Youtube anyway.

No. At least you shouldn't get clues like that. If you still get hints from Youtube, you have to appeal to Youtube and send a link to the original song of this page.

The conditions for use and a text for copy&paste can be found in every download window. The Creative Commons license is also linked there. If you are unable to comply with the conditions in your project, you will need to purchase an extended license for the song. If you are unsure about your project, we recommend that you consult an experienced media lawyer.

Yes, editing and adjusting the music to your movie is of course allowed, such as looping, change speed, fade in or fade out, talk to a speaker or adjust volume.

This is currently only possible with an extended license.

No, and this is not planned either. If you want to play the chords, we recommend​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

4. Extended licenses

No, if you bought a license for a song and create projects for multiple customers, you don't have to buy a new license for each customer. The lifetime license is valid for all projects you create for yourself and your customers. When you deliver the video to the customer, also give them a copy of the release document for the song used in the video.

An extended license costs 20 Euro (plus VAT). This brings you the following advantage:

  • You don't have to name the author in future projects you create (yes, you have read correctly, the license is valid for life for all projects you create for yourself or your customers with this song).
  • You'll get an official document as proof.
  • You can download the song as a wave file
  • For many songs you get additional files like e.g. Stems for it.
  • You support financially a great project like

In case of free use you are obliged to name the author, the website and the license.

If you don't want to or can't name the author, you can buy a lifetime extended license for the song. In addition you often get more files and a download in Wave format.

No, but the extended license is sufficient for this project as well. Special packages for sound reinforcement are planned.

5. No answer found?

Yes, if you haven't found an answer to your question here, you can reach Jennifer at any time at